Tuesday, June 17, 2008

the ugliness of exams - literally

Thankfully for most of us, exams are nearly finished but for the unlucky ones, exams are just starting! I know that impending exams only mean one thing for me--> the UGLY DISEASE!

(1) massive outbreak of pimples/whiteheads/the ugly disease
(2) weight gain
(3) dark eye circles
(4) lack of grooming

I always felt that I could control my stress with procrastination means such as tetris or copious amount of facebook but my face will never betray how I am feeling. This would be evident by the lovely array of facial additions that would be sufficient for one to play dot to dot. A lack of sleep combined with much needed caffeine and sugar seems to be the primary villains. It seems that no amount of facial products can overcome this. Anyway, feeling bored, I raided the fridge last night and decided to make a natural mask of honey and eggwhites.

Eggwhites apparently have the function of tightening pores and whitening the face whereas honey has antiseptic properties which I assume may clear away those red bumps.
I gave it a try and voila...felt like a resurfaced road once again! As for the dark eye circles - I tried green tea bags but don't see a thing.

For all those who are unfortunate enough to bump into me during exam period - my apologies for the eyesore!

Good luck to everyone and I'll assure you that I'll return to my original form very very soon

No comments: